Hong Kong — March 12, 2019 — CBRE is the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment activity in Asia Pacific. This result complements CBRE’s leading ranking globally for the eighth consecutive year, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA).
In Asia Pacific, RCA credited CBRE with a market share of 23.3% across all property types, representing 190 bps (basis point) advantage over the its nearest competitor. Internationally, RCA credited CBRE with 22.2% of market share* across all property types on a global basis in 2018—a 800 bps lead over the nearest competitor.
CBRE secured the top spot in RCA’s Asia Pacific rankings, which are based on seller representation activity, across many major institutional property types, including industrial, apartment, development and seniors housing investment sales.
“Across Asia Pacific, our commitment to our clients, our deep relationships with the market, both globally and regionally, and our team of world-class professionals, ensures CBRE’s ability to deliver and execute transactions consistently and swiftly. With leadership in Asia Pacific and globally, we connect clients with insight, capital and opportunity across the globe,” said Rob Blain, Executive Chairman, Capital Markets, Asia Pacific, CBRE.
Highlights from RCA’s 2018 global rankings include:
- CBRE secured $22.76 billion in Asia Pacific in total transactions in the region, leading the region with a market share of 23.3%.
- CBRE executed $51.54 billion in global office sales as seller representative, for an industry-leading market share of 19.8% in 2018.
- CBRE was again the top global firm in logistics and industrial sales, with $26.30 billion in transactions for a market share of 32.3%; the firm led the Asia Pacific region with $4.18 billion in transactions for a market share of 39.2%.
- CBRE claimed the top global position in retail sales, with $16.94 billion in transactions, for a market share of 21.1%.
- CBRE executed $35.18 billion in global apartment sales for a market leading share of 23.5%
“Our strength lies in our ability to understand and advise on a transaction from all angles. Clients across Asia Pacific continue to see working with CBRE as a competitive advantage, which translates into deeper relationships and measurable outcomes in this diverse and maturing region,” says Tom Moffat, Executive Managing Director, Head of Capital Markets, Asia, CBRE.
“The results are testament to the great work undertaken by our Capital Markets teams across the region and our client-centric approach to delivering exceptional transaction outcomes,” says Mark Coster, Senior Managing Director, Victoria & Senior Managing Director, Capital Markets, Pacific.
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.